CAMS Jayco Australian Formula 4 Championship leader Nick Rowe has set the early pace in Friday Practice at Sydney Motorsport Park.
Rowe, who this weekend displays a striking new livery courtesy of Australian Unity, was only a few tenths off his 2016 race lap record of 1:31.5673, and the only driver in the 1:31s. Fellow championship aspirant Cameron Shields was the top CAMS Foundation Rising Star in second place.
Sage Murdoch carries on his improved showing from the previous round at Queensland Raceway to be half a second off teammate Rowe, and ahead of returning teammate Harley Haber in fourth.
Crews battled through a strong headwind, greatly affecting the balance of the cars. Winds are expecting to remain strong ahead of this morning’s qualifying session at 11:50am.
Qualifying and all three races will be broadcast live on Fox Sports (506) as part of the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship support coverage.
Practice One Results
1. Nick Rowe – AGI Sport: 1:31.8404
2. Cameron Shields – Team BRM: +0.3117
3. Sage Murdoch – AGI Sport: +0.5393
4. Harley Haber – AGI Sport: +0.9230
5. Zak Best – AGI Sport: +1.0126
6. Liam Lawson – Team BRM: +1.1877
7. Simon Fallon – Team BRM: +1.3039
8. Tyler Everingham – Zagame Autosport: +1.6445
9. Zane Morse – Team BRM: +1.6448
10. Jordan Mazzaroli – JRD: +1.8323
11. Ryan Suhle – Zagame Autosport: +2.1368
12. Aaron Love – Team BRM: +2.2990