Team BRM’s Cameron Shields has won the opening round for the 2018 CAMS Jayco Australian Formula 4 Championship at Symmons Plains.
The McDonald’s Australia supported driver won Sunday’s third and final race ahead of AGI Sport’s Ryan Suhle.
Suhle, who won the weekend’s second race on Sunday morning, was runner-up for the round.
It was a consistent round for Aaron Love in his second season with Team BRM, securing third for the round.
Lochie Hughes claimed Burson Auto Parts Rookie of the Round honours, finishing an impressive fourth in his debut Formula 4 race weekend.
Jayden Ojeda recovered in the final race to finish third, after an early exit in race two with electrical problems. The AGI Sport driver was fifth overall for the round.
Zayd Tones was the next best rookie in sixth overall ahead of Jackson Walls, Thomas Smith, Josh Smith and Antonio Astuti.
The CAMS Jayco Australian Formula 4 Championship will next visit Phillip Island, supporting the Shannons Nationals, on 1–3 June.
- Cameron Shields – Team BRM: 68
- Ryan Suhle – AGI Sport: 61
- Aaron Love – Team BRM: 42
- Lochie Hughes – Team BRM: 28
- Jayden Ojeda – AGI Sport: 27
- Zayd Tones – Team BRM: 26
- Jackson Walls – Patrizicorse: 18
- Thomas Smith – Team BRM: 16
- Josh Smith – Team BRM: 11
- Antonio Astuti – Astuti Motorsport: 5
Race 3 Results
- Cameron Shields
- Ryan Suhle
- Jayden Ojeda
- Aaron Love
- Thomas Smith
- Zayd Tones
- Lochie Hughes
- Jackson Walls
- Antonio Astuti
- Josh Smith