Jayden Ojeda has claimed his first Castrol Pole Position this afternoon at Phillip Island, for round two of the 2018 CAMS PAYCE Australian Formula 4 Championship.
Quickest on Friday, Ojeda clinched pole by 0.3 seconds over last year’s pole winner and teammate Ryan Suhle.
“Yeah the car was amazing… I managed to put a perfect lap together nice and early,” Ojeda said.
“The AGI boys gave me an amazing car and I can’t thank them enough, without them I wouldn’t have this opportunity. The car really felt good, and I can’t over exaggerate that enough. “
Suhle will start alongside Ojeda on the front row of the grid for the opening race, scheduled for after 3:05pm today at Phillip Island.
Quickest in Friday’s second practice session, Cameron Shields of Team BRM was half a second off pole time and starts alongside teammate Aaron Love on the second row.
Team BRM’s Zayd Tones was the best placed Burson Auto Parts Rookie in fifth, alongside Patrizicorse’s Jackson Walls in sixth.
Current Burson Auto Parts Rookie leader Lochie Hughes will start from seventh, ahead of Josh Smith, Thomas Smith, Antonio Astuti and Ardie Jonic.
Live timing will be available at formula4.com.au, with Sunday’s two races to be streamed live and free at formula4.com.au as part of the Shannons Nationals coverage at Phillip Island.
Castrol Pole Position Results
- Jayden Ojeda – AGI Sport – 1:33.3771
- Ryan Suhle – AGI Sport +0.3626
- Cameron Shields – Team BRM +0.5877
- Aaron Love – Team BRM +0.7027
- Zayd Tones – Team BRM +1.2652
- Jackson Walls – Patrizicorse +1.2707
- Lochie Hughes – Team BRM +1.2764
- Josh Smith – Team BRM +1.4927
- Thomas Smith – Team BRM +1.9904
- Antonio Astuti – Astuti Motorsport +2.3542
- Ardie Jonic – AGI Sport +2.4998